Re: Using an SSD with strictatime mount option

David Wright wrote:
> On Mon 29 Feb 2016 at 02:09:41 (-1000), Joel Roth wrote:
> > Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> > > Disclaimer : I do not use mutt nor any SSD yet.

> > > Doesn't mutt work with relatime, which is the current kernel default ?
> > > The mount(8) man page states that it should.
> >
> > With mbox and relatime, I get only one notification of new mail
> > in a folder. If I quit mutt without reading and start
> > again, the indication now longer shows up.
> >
> > I have filtering in to lots of folders, and have missed
> > seeing mail that way.
>
> That's because you haven't unset mail_check_recent and mark_old in muttrc.

Thanks for this suggestion.

Just FYI, running mutt on a FS set for relatime, mark_old is
the default (yes) but older unread messages only show up as
N. The O designation never appears.

The behavior does not change with mail_check_recent set or
unset.

mount -o remount,strictatime /

Fixes it.

Regards,