Re: Warning Linux Mint Website Hacked and ISOs replaced with Backdoored Operating System

> MD5 alone can be somewhat dangerous even in benevolent environments: if the
> data sets are large enough or you are just unlucky, you are going to hit a
> colision and corrupt-or-lose-data-on-dedup sooner or later.

it doesn't seem worried about this.  Admittedly, they use sha1 rather
than md5, so they have 160bit instead of 128bit, with a correspondingly
lower probability of collisions, but I'd be interested to know about
cases where md5 lead to accidental collisions.

        Stefan