Re: iceape availability

On 25/02/2016, Peter Ludikovsky <peter@ludikovsky.name> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Searching for a single .deb & trying to install that is the way
> proprietary systems handle it. With Debian, and most other Linux
> distros, there's repositories, and tools to handle dependencies. Open a
> command line / terminal and enter
> sudo apt-get install iceape
>
> It will pull iceape, and all dependencies, from the Debian repos, and
> install them.
>
> Updates are handled similarily.
>
> Regards,
> /peter
>
> Am 25.02.2016 um 07:08 schrieb Bret Busby:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I searched for a .deb package, for iceape, so that I could download
>> the package for the iceape suite, to try to install it.
>>
>> Ahat I found, is apparently submerged in a "security pool".
>>
>> I found that what is apparently provided as the iceape suite .deb
>> package, is just something that has endless unsatisfiable
>> dependencies.
>>
>> Is an installable .deb package for the iceape suite, available?

Is there a way (a switch for the apt-get command?) to download all of
the dependencies? I have looked at man apt-get, and, that has an
option "download" (as opposed to install or find), but I could not
find, from the man entry for apt-get, how to download the package and
all of its dependencies; that is, to download the particular package,
and, its dependency packages, so that they can be stored, and,
installed (or, tried to be installed) on different systems as wanted.

Also, does a means exist, for specifying a particular repository for
only the particular instantiation of the command, so that, for
example, as iceape is only in the security pool repository, to specify
only for the installation of iceape (or, if it can be done, for the
download of iceape and its dependencies, to a directory on the
computer), the particular repository path?

--

Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."