FW: FW: Debian package on Windows

>> What is so wrong with YUM? I actually like it better over apt-get or aptitude...

> There's nothing wrong with YUM except that:
>
> a) It's dead upstream. They axed it in favor of DNF.

   Yes, I did hear that but again, I like yum so stayed with it.

> b) It's dependency resolution algorithm is easily beat by snail. And it usually about as smart as said snail.
> c) YUM's package database is stored in SQLite, to which it's written by sync I/O by small chunks. 4 kilobytes small.
> d) And last, but not least. YUM is written in Python in such memory-hungry way that some Java programs pale in comparison. Adds some interesting 'jump-through-the-hoops' scenarios on Python upgrades.

Hmm... It's always worked well for me so I guess I don't mind the drawbacks :)

> If you need an example of good package manager from rpm world - there's zypper.
> Reco

I will have a look at that...

So, to get this back on track for a Debian forum, anything better then aptitude I should look at?

Kind regards and thanks,

Richard

---
Richard Zimmerman