Re: FW: Debian package on Windows

On 02/22/2016 12:04 PM, Richard Zimmerman wrote:
How is Debian better off from Microsoft porting apt to Windows ?

Because they didn't select YUM. :) Ric

What is so wrong with YUM? I actually like it better over apt-get or
aptitude...

I wuz just being snarky. I used to work at Redhat and know Bob Young well.

FYI, I'm a CentOS shop and a programmer. I used to run Debian
full-time and running Debian Jessie as I'm looking at possibly moving
back.

The fact that they asked, right out in the open and seeking permissions, is telling. If one considers the "Star Trek Effect" of the GPL, Veeger might become infected by it. I'll laugh and laugh anticipating how that plays out! :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html