Help on figuring out where to file bug on font corruption?

Hello there,

I'm experiencing an interesting bug and am not sure if it should be filed against libfreetype6, xserver-xorg-video-intel, or some other package. My suspicion is xserver-xorg-video-intel due to the apparent trigger being mouse movement among other things, but I'm not clear, hence this email.

The bug causes one or many characters of text to be replaced with whitespace, but if the text is highlighted and pasted into e.g. a terminal, it's readable in the terminal.

The bug is intermittant and spontaneous, and most noticeable in iceweasel (see an example screenshot with personal details blacked out: http://web.mit.edu/kbyers/Public/textbug-iceweasel-20160221.png), but also shows up in openbox's menus and window decorations and in e.g. the menus for sgt-puzzles games (http://web.mit.edu/kbyers/Public/textbug-sgt-puzzles-20160221.jpg). It doesn't seem to ever affect chromium or the contents of an xterm. In iceweasel it most often shows up when I open a new tab, and it then affects nearly all of the other tabs without a page reload, although some text is unaffected (see an example of unaffected text with some affected surrounding text in iceweasel's status bar: http://web.mit.edu/kbyers/Public/textbug-iceweasel-sometextisok-20160221.png). Restarting iceweasel usually fixes the problem, though not consistently; restarting the entire system fixes it until it appears again.

Oddly, while editing the screenshots in gimp, the following series of text disappearence occurs:

(0) http://web.mit.edu/kbyers/Public/textbug-gimp-0.jpg
Dialog box mostly ok other than the "cancel" button

(1) http://web.mit.edu/kbyers/Public/textbug-gimp-1.jpg
Dialog text half disappears but buttons and main text have not changed - I have not touched the computer, this appears to be a time delay.

(2) http://web.mit.edu/kbyers/Public/textbug-gimp-2.jpg
Moving the mouse over the upper left of the dialog box causes the main text to half disappear.

(3) http://web.mit.edu/kbyers/Public/textbug-gimp-3.jpg
Moving the mouse over the lower left button causes its text to half disappear.

(4) http://web.mit.edu/kbyers/Public/textbug-gimp-4.jpg
Finally, moving over the last button (save as) has the same result.

I'm happy to write up a bug report, but I'm not sure where to file it!

Perhaps useful system info:

Hardware: Lenovo T510 with integrated graphics
/proc/cpuinfo says "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU       M 520  @ 2.40GHz"
which may be this:
http://ark.intel.com/products/47341/Intel-Core-i5-520M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_40-GHz
Xorg.0.log just says "intel(0): Integrated Graphics Chipset: Intel(R) HD Graphics"

uname -a outputs
Linux obsidian 4.3.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.3.5-1 (2016-02-06) x86_64 GNU/Linux

potentially relevant package versions:
libfreetype6 2.6.1-0.1
libfreetype6:i386 2.6.1-0.1
xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.99.917+git

Many thanks for any help you can provide; if further info would be necessary or helpful, please advise.

Best,

Kelsey Byers
MIT SB '07, Biology
kbyers@mit.edu