Re: Debian package on Windows

Thiego writes:
> I don't like the idea of Debian allowing the restrictions.

I don't know what you mean by that.  It's Free Software.  They can do
with it what the license terms permit and no more absent special
permission from the copyright owner.  The authors released it under the
GPL and that's that.  Debian, not owning the copyright, is not able to
allow or forbid anything.

Debian or some members thereof might or might not choose to assist in
the endeavor, but that's a different matter.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com