Re: Debian package on Windows

Em 21-02-2016 23:49, John Hasler escreveu:
> I don't know what you mean by that.  It's Free Software.  They can do
> with it what the license terms permit and no more absent special
> permission from the copyright owner.  The authors released it under the
> GPL and that's that.  Debian, not owning the copyright, is not able to
> allow or forbid anything.
>
> Debian or some members thereof might or might not choose to assist in
> the endeavor, but that's a different matter.

John,

"They can do with it what the license terms permit and no more absent
permission from the copyright owner." -> That's true, no more further
reply would be needed.

If Microsoft will be respecting freedom, ok. But I doubt which they will
do. Will they own it and remove software freedom? I hope no. If they own
something in GPL, we know they have to maintain software freedom in this
way.