Re: Help! System crashes and locks up.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 5:44 PM, David Christensen
<dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
> I've experienced RAM that passed for a hour or two, but generated a few
> errors over 24 hours.  So, now I run it for 24 hours if I'm suspicious.

Should have explained my entire logic with this process.

I've seen RAM fail with Memtest86+ after three days! I find that the
quickest way to diagnose an issue is to run a few passes of Memtest86+
and if that checks out (no extremely serious memory issues) then run a
couple hours of LINPACK or mprime. If you have a memory issue LINPACK
or mprime will show it very quickly.

If all of the above checks out, I'd get a copy of your hard drive
manufacturer's diagnostic utility and check the drive.

Brandon Vincent