Help! System crashes and locks up.

Greetings;

I have a system I just put together. New pwr sup, mobo, and 1 new SATA disk, 1TB. 2Gig memory. Processor is a Phenom 9950 4 core. Running Deb 8.3.0 Jessie, new install.

Every so often it crashes and locks up, and the monitor screen has many narrow horizontal lines, mostly the background color.

When it crashes only reset and power off will work. I have looked in every log file I can think of and no luck.

Does this sound familiar to anybody? Any hints?

Any help at all greatly appreciated!!

TNX,
Dennis