Re: rotating screen in debian tablet

jdd composed on 2016-02-21 18:46 (UTC+0100):

>> Can you double check that you're really running the Xorg intel driver
>> and isn't getting fbdev or something similar?

> don't know, because it do not start with the default grub config. I have
> to add nomodeset or i915.modeset=0 to have a display, including console

Intel driver for Xorg, same as radeon and nouveau, absolutely depends on
keeping KMS enabled. those startup parameters are for proprietary NVidia
users, and users satisfied with the crippled functionality of fbdev and vesa
drivers (IOW, troubleshooting/temporary boots).

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/