Re: connect Ethernet to WiFi?

On 02/18/2016 03:48 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

I looked at the first url shown above, and I see two usb adapters smaller than a matchbook, and one with an antenna. Recently I had to spend some time in a rehab center, and I did not have a Linux driver for my old Dell laptop, so I bought something like one of those small adapters. _Do not!_ As I should have known (being a retired RF engineer) they have no range! The gadget with the antenna may work. (I was trying to hit a "hot spot" external to the facility. I finally found a driver--not easy!--using Windows-- which allowed the internal wifi system to work.) OTOH, if you're only trying to connect across a room, the little matchbook size gadget will probably be OK.
--doug