Re: connect Ethernet to WiFi?

On Thu, 2016-02-18 at 09:49 +0100, Staszek wrote:
> How do I connect an old laptop without WiFi (but with free USB ports
> and
> working wired Ethernet card) running Debian stable to a WiFi network,
> without installing non-free software on the laptop? What devices
> would
> you recommend?

Either a WiFi to Ethernet adapter, or a USB WiFi adapter. This is a
good start for alternatives:
http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom

You can also check the drivers listed here, some of them mentions if
non-free firmware is required or not:
https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi

--
Cheers,