Re: pam_smbpass.so

Hi,

On 02/17/2016 05:11 PM, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> Christian Seiler writes:
>> [Suggesting journalctl -o verbose to debug this]
> I'm running a current Debian testing installation, and journal is
> enabled.
>
> It turns out it's only coming from /usr/lib/dovecot/auth.  What's
> weird is in /etc/pam.d/, the only files using the module are
> common-auth and common-password, so I'd expect to see the error coming
> either every time someone authenticates through anything, or any time
> someone changes their password, and I'm not seeing either of those
> cases -- just dovecot.

Just a hunch: do you run dovecot chroot'ed? If so, then it is most
likely the case that the specific PAM module is not available within
the chroot and that's why it produces that message.

If that's not the case: what's the contents of /etc/pam.d/dovecot?
And /etc/pam.d/common-auth?

Regards,
Christian