Re: permanent disabling of Wireless-N for Thinkpad

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 05:39:54PM +0100, arian wrote:

> > I want to make this permanent, which I gather can be done by placing the
> > line 11n_disable=1 into /etc/modprobe.d/wireless.conf. However, such a
> > file does not appear in my Jessie. Can it be created and simply hold the
> > line above?
>
> yes, create it; modprobe will consider all files in /etc/modprobe.d
> (maybe only the ones with .conf-extension). Don't put it in other
> files there, at least not the ones that you did not create yourself -
> they may be changed by debian.
>
> Test wether the config gets actually applied, this may not be the case
> when the module is included in the initrd.

Unfortunately, creating wireless.conf and adding the line with and
without being preceded with "options" produced the error:

  libkmod ERROR: ...
    ignoring the line starting with options
    ignoring line starting with 11n_disable=1.

Don't know if relevant, but I'm not using KDE desktop environment.
I don't get the error if I load the module with the option manually.

How would I know if the option is being applied? I use the option to
prevent drop of wifi connection, and while the option seems to help, it
does not seem a permanent fix. That is, instead of dropping on the order
of minutes it now may drop on the order of an hour.

Haines