Re: permanent disabling of Wireless-N for Thinkpad

> I want to make this permanent, which I gather can be done by placing the
> line 11n_disable=1 into /etc/modprobe.d/wireless.conf. However, such a
> file does not appear in my Jessie. Can it be created and simply hold the
> line above?

yes, create it; modprobe will consider all files in /etc/modprobe.d (maybe only the ones with .conf-extension). Don't put it in other files there, at least not the ones that you did not create yourself - they may be changed by debian.

Test wether the config gets actually applied, this may not be the case when the module is included in the initrd.