Re: Trouble mounting nfs share

I solved it.
There was a package installed liblockfile1, which was causing grief.
Please don't ask who the idiot was that installed that package.
Thanks for answer.

Carlos Kosloff
Office: (954) 283-8828
Cell: (954) 464-8822
Fax: (888) 854-5440

On 02/07/2016 02:17 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 07/02/16 12:23 PM, Carlos Kosloff wrote:
I am having trouble mounting an nfs share.
Here is the scenario:
I am on the Debian testing branch, all the necessary nfs packages have been installed from repo, nfsd is running, I have checked with pidof, psaux | grep, top, etc.
There are two machines that I need to communicate:
Server's name is crosshair, it is wired.
Client's name is notosh, it is wireless.
I am pretty sure that the /etc/exports list has no errors, as it only has this uncommented line:
/home/ckosloff notosh(insecure,rw)
In the client I type usual stuff as root, like:
mount -t nfs -o rw,nosuid crosshair:/home/ckosloff /home/ckosloff/crosshair
Terminal stalls, does not mount, and eventually times out.
If I use the IP of the server, I get a different message:
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting xx.xx.xx.xx:/home/ckosloff
I cannot figure out what is going on, as this did work once in the past.
Nothing changed in the exports file, so there must be some syntax error in the mount command, or something else that I am unaware of.
Please help.

Does crosshair know notosh's address? If it has a static IP then try replacing the name with the actual address and reload exports. If not, can you use a range of IP addresses?

The different messages suggests that notosh doesn't know crosshair's address either.