Re: Difficulties while installing additional packages from .iso (USB stick) after successful stretch install

On 2016-02-07, Alex Mestiashvili <alex@biotec.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

>> Please inform the list of your progress, I too would like to know the
>> solution for future reference.
>>

> There is a tool called apt-cdrom, but it didn't work the way I wanted.
> Here is the thread explaining the procedure of adding a local iso image
> to sources.list:
>  https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2014/05/msg00562.html

I was reading that you might use apt-cdrom and when asked for the cdrom,
mount the usb stick at the appropriate mount point (whereever that
is--/media/cdrom0 here on Squeeze).

--
Hypertext--or should I say the ideology of hypertext?--is ultrademocratic and
so entirely in harmony with the demagogic appeals to cultural democracy that