Re: Difficulties while installing additional packages from .iso (USB stick) after successful stretch install

On Sat, Feb 06, 2016 at 11:06:56AM +0100, sbeck@secure.mailbox.org wrote:
> Hi list members,
>
> I have successfully installed stretch from a usb stick onto which I had
> downloaded the latest amd64 weekly-build DVD-1.iso and other necessary
> init files.
> Well, after the install process had finished, I rebooted from harddisk and
> everything worked, but when I now try to use apt to install more files
> FROM THE DVD.iso on the stick (not over the network), it tells me to
> insert the cdrom:[DEBIAN_TESTING...DVD-iso-1], even when the USB
> stick is already inserted in the slot - no, apt wants a cdrom (and that's
> what the source.list indicates: cdrom.
> It's an iso-hybrid as you know, but I can't find a way to tell apt to use
> this very same USB stick (with the named ISO) from which the installing
> process had been carried out.
> When I put different forms of identifying the USB stick into the
> sources.list apt says something like "there is no driver for that device
> installed" or "there is no release file" (when I put
> file://var/lib/apt/lists directory) and does not proceed. But the

Have a look at 'man sources.list'

e.g. in examples it has deb file:/home/jason/debian unstable main contrib non-free
note it's not 'file://'

Please inform the list of your progress, I too would like to know the
solution for future reference.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X