Re: How to Install Awstats on a Web Server Running Debian

On 2016-01-31 15:13, Jochen Spieker wrote:
gc@maillr.com:
On 2016-01-31 14:50, gc@maillr.com wrote:
Hello,

I have a web server running Debian Jessie on my web server running
Apache and for the life of me I can't figure out how to install
Awstats. Can anyone help with this? I've been searching the web for
articles and can't seem to come across the right one that has accurate
steps. The steps I have found are outdated.

Okay I finally figured out how to install Awstats and it's working great.

As a matter of courtesy to your readers it is always nice to include
your solution. But then again you didn't really ask the question in the
first place. :)

However none of the images are showing up. Can anyone help with that. It
seems the images are pulling from the wrong URL.

What about checking the Apache logs and the config? There is probably an
Alias directive that should point to the correct location of the images
in the filesystem.

J.

Very true and thanks for calling that to my attention.

The problem was in the config file

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@example.com
    ServerName awstats.example.com

    DocumentRoot /var/www/awstats
    <Directory />
      AuthGroupFile /dev/null
      AuthType Basic
      AuthUserFile /var/www/awstats/.htpasswd
      AuthName "Access Restricted"
      Require valid-user
      AuthType Basic

      Order deny,allow
      Deny from all
      Allow from 10.0.0.0/8
    </Directory>

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
    <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
      AllowOverride None
      Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

      Order deny,allow
      Deny from all
      Allow from 10.0.0.0/8
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

I was asked to update the Allow from IP to my server's and I used the wrong address. As soon as I corrected this then awstats loaded up just fine after I restarted apache.

The second issue regarding the images has now been resolved as well...

In the config file I had pointed the icons to the wrong directory. I adjusted that entry to reflect: DirIcons="/icon" and saved the file; restarted apache and the graphics magically appeared!

Sorry for the blast of mail messages. Some times we tend to turn to mommy for solutions to our problems when in reality we should learn to try to solve them on our own. :P