Re: Jessie 8.3 - still no update notifications

> For Jessie, we patched update-notification support back into
> gnome-settings-daemon:
>
> https://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gnome-settings-daemon/
news/20141204T233404Z.html

> So, in Jessie, gnome-setting-daemon is responsible for the update
> notifications. In stretch and sid, gnome-software is.

According with the link provided the patched version of gnome-settings-
daemon is 3.14.2-2

I have gnome-settings-daemon v. 14.2-3 installed and still no
notifications.

I see in repo gnome-settings-daemon-dev, which is not installed on my
machine. The description of this package says that "package contains
header files required to build applications that communicate with the
GNOME settings daemon over D-Bus."

What the last would mean? Am I expected to rebuild GNOME Package Updater
to get notifications?

Thanks.