Re: Jessie 8.3 - still no update notifications

Hi Juan,

Am 29.01.2016 um 02:51 schrieb Juan R. de Silva:
>> Do you have gnome-software and packagekit installed? With those, upgrade
>> notficiations should work.
>
> On my system both 'packagekit' and 'gnome-packagekit' are installed.
>
> Are sure about 'gnome-software' package name? I simply does not exist on
> my system.

Seems I missed the "Jessie" part. gnome-software is indeed not part of
Jessie GNOME. Sorry for the confusiong.
For Jessie, we patched update-notification support back into
gnome-settings-daemon:

https://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gnome-settings-daemon/news/20141204T233404Z.html

So, in Jessie, gnome-setting-daemon is responsible for the update
notifications. In stretch and sid, gnome-software is.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?