Jessie 8.3 - still no update notifications

I have a fresh install of Jessie GNOME 64 bit since the release date.

I've never had a single notification of any available system update. So,
as a daily routine I run 'apt-get update' and 'apt-upgrade'.

Google suggests that this bug was resolved in Jessie. However, even after
updating to Jessie 8.3 recently, I still do not have any notifications.

When (just out of curiosity) I run GNOME Package Updater (or whatever it
is called) it reports "All packages up to date" but running apt-get right
after brings new updates, as it was today.

I tried all suggestions found on Google, like using 'dconf-editor' to
tweak the 'Shell update plugin' settings, etc., but without any results.

I do not care about GNOME Package Updater and other GUI things, since I
still prefer CLI. However, notifications would be nice to have as a
reminder.

Anyone to suggest something helpful?

Thanks.