Re: Jessie 8.3 - still no update notifications

These are all nice but only workarounds.

For those who wondered what tool is supposed to provide such
notifications...

GNOME notification system includes between others an "update plugin",
which supposed to do the job. As it does it (and quite nicely) in openSUSE
GNOME 16. However it does not in Jessie GNOME 14 yet.

It is not exactly a bug but rather a "not completely ready yet feature"
at the release time. Here it was suggested that it should have been
arrived to Jessie by now:

http://blog.tenstral.net/2015/09/update-notifications-in-debian-
jessie.html

Looks it is not here yet. Well, as I can see, all of us have our own way
to survive such a "calamity". :-) I feel much better knowing I'm not
alone having the little problem. ;-)

Thanks to all responded.