Re: Debian

On 1/28/2016 6:14 AM, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
On Thursday 28 January 2016 13:00:48 K K wrote:
Which version of Debian would you recommend to install on my computer?

Sony VAIO SVE1712C1E

IMHO:
Before you install anything try one of those:
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/
Then test your hardware - that's your homework.

[snip]

I agree with Eike's suggestion that testing with a live CD is the minimum.
Especially as the video processor is not specified.

If you don't have the possibility of downloading/burning CD/DVD, check the vendor list at https://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/ [my preferred U.S. vendor offers a Live DVD with your choice Desktop for $6 {free shipping on orders over $20}).

You should tell us more about your intended use. There are many Debian Pure Blends optimized for a specific audience [https://www.debian.org/blends/ and http://blends.debian.org/blends/ ].

HT