logrotate does not work on my log (Debian Jessie)

Hi all,

I upgraded my system from Debian 6 to Debian 8 Jessie. logrotate worked on my log on Debian 6 (I got my_app.log.gz when I put /etc/logrotate.d/my_app). But it no longer works on Debian 8. However, I see /var/log/syslog.2.gz syslog.3.gz ...etc.
Is that because of systemd ? people who use Arch linux creates logrotate.service and logrotate.timer to solve this problem but what about debian users ? Did anyone meet this issue ?

Thanks for your help,

Ikuzar