Re: logrotate does not work on my log (Debian Jessie)

got my_app.log.gz when I put /etc/logrotate.d/my_app). But it no longer
works on Debian 8. However, I see /var/log/syslog.2.gz syslog.3.gz ...etc.
>Is that because of systemd ? people who use
Arch linux creates logrotate.service and logrotate.timer to solve this
problem but what about debian users ? Did anyone meet this issue ?

It could be due to changes in later versions of logrotate.  What's the ownership of your my_app.log.gz files?

As I recall later versions require a "su <user> <group>" line to rotate files that are not owned by root.

Glyn