How To Control Fan Speed on Older Compaq Proliant ML350

Hello.

I have an older Compaq Proliant ML350 (Dual Intel Pentium® III 1.0 GHz Model) running Debian Wheezy that I have been using for many MANY MEEE NEEEE years as a web server. It works great, everything is fine, I will continue to run it until the end of time. lol

That said, I have tried off and on thru the years to control the fan speed. It runs constantly at full speed. It's very loud. I have tried using fancontrol and could never figure out how to get it to work on this system; and while on other systems fancontrol works perfectly fine.

What's interesting is that the fan is 100% controlled in a Microsoft Windows environment. I don't like Windows and I would rather go deaf listening to the fan running on Debian than to use the machine with Windows installed.

But, if anyone can help me it sure would be nice to get a muffler installed on this server. If anyone has advice on how to gain control of the fan I'll be forever appreciative.

Here's the link to the specs-sheet on the system I have. It's completely stock with no modifications: http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04286423.pdf

Best regards,
GC