Re: How to build Debian-based wireless router

On 24.01.2016 15:45, John Hasler wrote:
> debian@semioptimal.net writes:
>> That'll be quite expensive on the electric bill, but will work.
>
> Not really.  The numbers on the back of the power supply are maximums,
> not typicals.
no, they are what your PSU vendor tells you the PSU can provide on its secondary side. Anyway that P3 PC consumes probably around 50W, maybe 40, maybe 80
0.050kW*8765h/a*1a*$(electricityPrice)<100$ holds for $electricityPrice<0.22$/kWh - typical price here (a is for year there). You both seem to be US based, so I guess you pay a third to halve of that, but it's still quite a bit.

>> However, I think there are no newer Wifi-Chips with PCI, so you'd be
>> stuck with 802.11a/g...
>
> A router and a WiFi access point are two different things.
Your point?