Re: Debian "testing" is looking really great on my new "Skylake" PC

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016, Jarle Aase wrote:

> I built myself a new PC with an Intel i7-6700K ("Skylake"
> architecture)
> - and I was prepared for lots of grief and trouble. However,
> installing Debian "testing" yesterday, from the latest Amd64
> snapshot, was absolutely painless.
>
> I'm using kde as desktop, and it looks really great. I installed the
> system on a Samsung SSD 950 Pro with a super-fast PCIe M.2 interface.
> No problems with any drivers. Kde runs perfectly on three monitors
> using the built in graphics system on the i7 processor.
>
> The mother-board is an a Asus Z170 "PRO GAMING" (Z170-A was out of
> stock).
>
> I just wanted to share the good experience :)

What if anything special like disabling Secureboot did you do to
facilitate this painless install?

I'm buying a new notebook as a replacement for this aging desktop (8
years old, Wheezy 64-bit) in the next few months and plan to install
Stretch on it once it's Stable or a late testing beta.  Haven't
decided which make of notebook yet, but Asus is one of the brands I've
been considering.  Lenovo, Dell, Acer are some others. So, any details
of your install you can share will be appreciated.

Thanks