dselect, init and systemd-sysv

Yesterday while updating my system via dselect (I'm using testing) I've received the warning that "init and systemd-sysv" were going to be uninstalled and I had to approve or deny that action. I've thought that as in previous cases (to be frank not recently but many years ago) there was a mistake, since looking at the packages which were going to be installed it didn't seem that a replacement was present, therefore I've stopped the updating.
This morning I've tried again but got the same warning.
So I've used apt-get update && apt-get upgrade, in this case no warning appears and systemd-sysv appears among the pkgs to be upgraded.

Is dselect still working safely or should I give up and change package mgr?

Many thanks

Aldo