Re: eagle-lin64-7.5.0.run, won't

On Friday 15 January 2016 23:35:53 Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 06:37:49PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > Since the gEDA kit in the repo's seems to be rather broken, I
> > thought I'd give eagle another chance, so I downloaded, from the
> > cadsoft site, the latest 64 bit linux installer, but can't find a
> > help file, and obviously I am not training my monkeys correctly.
> >
> > Has anyone else had any luck, running it after convincing the
> > installer where you wanted it installed?
> >
> > I have cd'd to its base directory, and exported EAGLEDIR=`pwd' so it
>
>                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Is that verbatim? I'd put an actual absolute path there. The second
> 'tic' is not a backtick.

Probably a typu Chris.  Ancient fingers & all that. It does show
correctly in an env query.

> Do backsticks actually work in this case?

Sure!

> > shows in that shells env report, but it can't find its executable
> > with both hands, prefering to give me a
> > gene@coyote:~/eagle-7.5.0$ bin/eagle
> > bash: bin/eagle: No such file or directory
> >
> > Clues? I'm confused enough without this.
>
> You could try and use the find command to see where it actually is.
> I use a locate variant e.g.

Whats the matter with "ls -laR", its right there where I said it was.
Even has exec perms.

> # apt-cache show mlocate

Point being, I gave up on eagle.  gEDA to the rescue, and I already have
some very nearly working gcode from gEDA/pcb. Some fine tuning to do
like 10x bigger solder pads for the outside world connections, and
potentially about a 50% shrink as I want to make several of these by
step & repeat. I need 3 instantly, and there may be a potential market
for a few.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)