Creating .deb package out of some files

I have created a tool comprising of two bash scripts and two configuration files.
I tried to follow some tutorials available on debian.org and Stack Overflow but didn't get the desired output.
The expected layout is as ;

/usr/bin/script1-link
/usr/bin/script2-link
/usr/bin/myfolder/script1
/usr/bin/myfolder/script2
/usr/bin/myfolder/conf1.bak
/usr/bin/myfolder/conf2.bak

script1-link and script2-link will change the directory to myfolder and execute script1 or script2 as desired.

I have created the files changelog, compat, control, copyright, files in directory named debian.

Now, I have to create the first package of my life, which I did following some instructions at https://wiki.debian.org/IntroDebianPackaging but the deb package created had no shell scripts.
I have very little idea about how package creation occurs after reading certain manuals, but cannot get the desired result.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards
Himanshu Shekhar