Re: systemd and variable network (help needed)

Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> To mount net devices via fstab an additional option is needed:
>
> _netdev
>
> mount(8):
> _netdev
>               The filesystem resides on a device that
>               requires network access (used to prevent
>               the system from attempting to mount these
>               filesystems until the network has been
>               enabled on the system).
>
> /etc/fstab:
>
> [nfsserver]:/nfs/share /mount/point/ nfs defaults,_netdev 0 0
>
> Elimar

Hi Elimar, all,

Thanks for the hints - indeed this could do the work for the nfs mount, but
how do I execute a custom actions.

MY requirements are
        mount nfs conditional (this could be solved with the _netdev option)
        setup proper home directory (the users home is obviously also on nfs)
        enable disable wifi/bluetooth
        start firewall in specific profile (case 1,2,3)
        etc

So my overall question is how you tell systemd what to do - is it possible
to tell it start custom init script - I read there are a lot of ways to
configure it, but heard it is a bit complicated ... xml files and so on.

thanks in advance

regards