Re: sexist content in the package openclipart2-png

On 01/05/2016 04:24 AM, Brad Rogers wrote:

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 10:21:02 +0900
Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Joel,

of the clipart out into a separate package so that a child looking for
a general image of a woman won't bump into a male sexual fantasy
Not aimed at any person, just observation.....

By putting "sensitive" images in a separate package, one *highlights*
them, thus enabling those children one's intention it is to protect,
to find them a good deal more easily.  Whether that's preferable to
lumping the images in with a more generalised package is up for debate.

It's a two edged sword;  Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
Either way, somebody gets upset/annoyed.   :-(

Yes, you might end up highlighting it, but what I assumed from the OP is
not that the children were looking for clipart packages, but rather
looking through clipart that the parent had already installed. So
separating it would still help in that situation.

If I were searching for inappropriate imagery, 'apt-cache search' is one
of the last places I'd look.

Matt