Re: sexist content in the package openclipart2-png

On 01/06/2016 08:38 AM, John Hasler wrote:
jdd writes:
sexism - like describing women as men's toys should be prohibited
(apart for historical work), and images may be such.

And disrespectful images of pasta should also be prohibited.

We've already been through this loop with Supertuxkart, on the games list, where "Sara" was depicted wearing a Bikini in a beach scene. <quote> "when a human body is "portrayed in a sexual manner (e.g., dressed in revealing clothing, with bodily postures or facial expressions that imply sexual readiness) and are objectified (e.g., used as a decorative object, or as body parts rather than a whole person)". <unquote>

To be blunt, it appears the call is for us to be in need of brain police "for the children" instead of a parent being responsible for their own policing what their children come in contact with. Otherwise, we accept liability for the content of packages and potentially might get sued over ANY lack of "due diligence". We would have to erase all images of children at play because they might incite some errant priest to act out. That is the thing, any attempt to censor anything not illegal is a slippery slope and best avoided or we accept liability. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html