Re: sexist content in the package openclipart2-png

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Renaud  OLGIATI
<renaud@olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jan 2016 09:36:58 +0100
> deloptes <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Start educating is what I want to say, start educating your children, and
>> building up self protection. Believe me this is the only way you can
>> protect them.
>
> And that would start with educating the parents...
> [...]

For those of you who find the discussion more objectionable than the
images, I have four questions:

(1) Are you relying on the first image in the list, the face of a
reclining woman?

There are, in fact, cultures where the makeup an expression would
indicate a woman of a certain class, but, then again, there is
something discriminatory and repressive about accepting such opinions
as authoritative.

When I saw that image, I'll admit I was wondering whether the OP were
a sock puppet looking to generate some Streisand effect and a little
more user love for the package.

So I took a look to see if the package is worth using and I think it
probably is, in general.

(2) Are you basing your opinions only on the low resolution png images
in the debian directories Thomas Schmitt pointed out?

They are mostly a bit "cuter" at that resolution.

Which leads to the third question,

(3) Have you gone to the trouble of installing the openclipart2
package and looking at the svg images under the /usr/share/ so that
you can base your opinion on the actual contents?

(4) Aside from the copyright issues, would you be game for including
vectorized playboy centerfolds at full resolution in general clipart
packages for family and work?

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well:
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/2011/10/conspiracy-theories.html