Re: sexist content in the package openclipart2-png

Joel Rees wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Anders Andersson <pipatron@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 2:21 AM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Others? You and I seem to have different ideas about what we want
>>> children to find when they reach up on the family/school bookshelf.
>>
>> Please leave your children's upbringing out of our operating system.
>> I'm not sure why you would have Debian's packages printed and on
>> display in your bookshelf without scrutiny. As a parent, you know that
>> it's your responsibility to limit their access to whatever your
>> culture might find offensive, if you don't wish them to be exposed to
>> that. On the school bookshelf I expect to find a good encyclopedia
>> containing a lot more interesting images than what is available in the
>> clip-art package, and if not, they can always turn to Wikipedia
>> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast comes to mind).
>>
>> Hopefully no one will have to determine if a package is "child-safe"
>> before accepting it into Debian. That would be a big can of worms to
>> open.
>>

> Rather than argue with you here, I'll ask you to read my response to Brad.

I would suggest all of you stop this discussion. It points to no where.

Some of the images might be disturbing, but real life is much more. You can
not hide all of it, unless you live in artificial world.

A good example here is the Netherlands or Switzerland (and recently some
states in the US) and drug policy. While all countries around prohibit the
use of some drugs. The government in the Netherlands and Switzerland (not
sure about US) support education programs.

Start educating is what I want to say, start educating your children, and
building up self protection. Believe me this is the only way you can
protect them.

regards