Re: vivaldi?

On Sunday 03 January 2016 13:14:39 Charlie Kravetz wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Jan 2016 11:57:54 -0500
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> >On Sunday 03 January 2016 10:37:06 Charlie Kravetz wrote:

> >> Best thing I have found is a fork of firefox called Pale Moon. It
> >> uses some of the plugins and extensions from firefox, but around
> >> version 25. I installed it over a month ago, and have not had a
> >> crash since then.
> >>
> >> http://www.palemoon.org/
> >
> >Downloaded and installed the installer to my /home directory.  On
> > running it I am unable to progress beyond the download of the
> > tar.bz2, which I have now done twice because after the download, the
> > installer can't find it!
> >
> >Why?  Because it asks for my sudo password, and when iceweasel
> > downloads it, iceweasel is running as a sudo root, and puts the
> > download in /root/Downloads. It cautions about running the installer
> > as root in the readme's it showed me a few times.  I have no access
> > to the tarball as me, so whats next?
> >
> >Thank you.
> >
> >Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Throw that installer back in your /home. Run it as non-root, move the
> first window out of the way, and click on install.

I have done that, about 6 times now, it opens no other windows UNTIL I
have given it my sudo passwd.

Since I have 2 copies of it sitting in /root/Downloads I think I'll have
a root mc session move one of them back and if needed change the perms.
Then look at it and see if I can do it without that broken script.  Or
better yet, edit the script if I can see whats wrong.

Thanks.

IMO whoever wrote that script needs to take another look at it since they
do NOT want root to install it.
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)