Re: Mounting a Windows Share

On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 16:52:54 -0500, you wrote:

>The correct mount options are half of what you're actually asking about
>in this thread, so we should settle those out by the time the thread is
>done with.
>
>For the "dump" and "pass" columns, in my experience 99% of the time they
>can and should be left as zeroes. (This might be the default, I'm not
>sure. I've always specified them anyway.)

I put them in as 0, still no soap.

>>> If you're running that command as root, the fstab entry should not
>>> be necessary; if you're running it as non-root, IIRC the "specify
>>> both mount point and device to mount" will be rejected as "only
>>> root can do that". Either way, this doesn't look quite right.
>>
>> I'm running it as root all right.

I also tried '-o user="Steve Matzura"' and got the error 13.

After trying to access the share on another Windows machine, I am now
sure this is *NOT* a Linux problem though because I can't even get
into it from another Windows machine, which means I have set up the
share incorrectly. I'll work on that and report.

>Also, check lusrmgr.msc (or equivalent) on the Windows box, to make sure
>you're using the actual internal Windows username; at least in my
>experience, it's pretty rare for a Windows username to have a space in
>it, although the _display_ name often will.

It says that's the username, just as I typed it when I installed it.