Re: wget log from Jigdo

On Saturday 02 January 2016 17:22:11 Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 01, 2016 at 03:45:40PM +0000, Brian wrote:
> > On Sat 02 Jan 2016 at 03:54:38 +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > > (BTW, top-posting makes it difficult to reply, and I couldn't be
> > > bothered copying and pasting to correct it.)
> >
> > You would do well to read *all* of Steve Matzura's posts before
> > bemoaning your lot. You'll come across "speech synthesis" and
> > "screen reader".
>
> In that case, mails in html must be almost impossible to comprehend. :)
> I'm guessing there is some sort of configuration available, so something
> like t-prot (apt-cache show t-prot) could be used. I'm only guessing
> here, I've never had any experience with a screen reader.

My blind friend with his screen reader seems to have much less trouble with
messy HTML than I (partially sighted) do.  His screen reader just reads it to
him.  I stare at the mess of "pretty" colours and fancy writing, with
blotches and swirls everywhere and don't know where to begin.

But he found bottom posting and interleaving terrible.  He does appear to have
come to terms with it now and even does it himself.

Lisi