Re: mencoder - Skipped and duplicate frames when recording from TV

On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 13:19:51 +0100
deloptes <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Marko Randjelovic wrote:
>
> > On Sat,  2 Jan 2016 11:53:03 +0100
> > Marko Randjelovic <markoran@eunet.rs> wrote:
> >
> >> I eliminated all but essential options, but nothing changed. I can
> >> further try only without audio to see if the problem is related to mixing
> >> audio and video.
> >
> > With 'noaudio' option, messages about skipped/duplicate frames do not
> > appear anymore and recorded file plays smoothlty, so appears that the
> > problem is in mixing audio and video frames. I use default container
> > (AVI). I tried to switch to Matroska and MPEG but got even more
> > problems.
> >
> > I also tried to lower video quality to make sure it's not because of
> > slowness of hard drive and it isn't (frames are still dropped).
> >
> > Regards,
> > Marko
>
> It seems AAC is good one for x264. Check the video vs audio bitrate - try
> with fixed bitrate
>
> regards

$ mencoder -of avi -o t.avi -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=libfaac
-ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=500:preset=veryfast -tv device=/dev/video-t:norm=PAL-BG:alsa tv://E7
Audio LAVC, couldn't find encoder for codec libfaac.

Exiting...
$ dpkg -l | grep aac
ii  faac           1.28-0.3       an AAC audio encoder
ii  libfaac0       1.28-0.3       an AAC audio encoder - library files

regards