Re: mencoder - Skipped and duplicate frames when recording from TV

On Sat,  2 Jan 2016 11:53:03 +0100
Marko Randjelovic <markoran@eunet.rs> wrote:

> I eliminated all but essential options, but nothing changed. I can further try
> only without audio to see if the problem is related to mixing audio and video.

With 'noaudio' option, messages about skipped/duplicate frames do not
appear anymore and recorded file plays smoothlty, so appears that the
problem is in mixing audio and video frames. I use default container
(AVI). I tried to switch to Matroska and MPEG but got even more
problems.

I also tried to lower video quality to make sure it's not because of
slowness of hard drive and it isn't (frames are still dropped).

Regards,
Marko