Re: Ransomware meets Linux - on the command line!

I do agree with Piyavkin.
AFAIT these are perhaps marketing efforts by corporations exploiting "customer fear" and implementing their policy of "buy or suffer".
All about Linux, a user should see the message carefully and analyse before executing a program with root privileges. That's why "sudo" and "su" like commands were made, and that's why we need "passwords" for many stuffs in Linux, unlike other ecosystems.

It's natural to be concerned. However, we should be rather be cautious before giving our root password to execute any program.
If any cure of the "ransomware" arrives, that would be first from the side of the "development team" as "security updates" rather than "corporations".

Regards
Himanshu Shekhar