Re: Iceweasel + NoScript: Google search results href anomaly

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 12:00 AM, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
<eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:
> On Qui, 12 Nov 2015, Safwat wrote:
>>
>> I am running NoScript + Iceweasel, and I observed something weird.
>> Consider a Google search result which has this "a href" value:
>>

>> https://www.google.com/url?q=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_(Adele_song)&sa=U&ved=0CCsQFjAIahUKEwjPuq3H34vJAhWDWhQKHW7eCbA&usg=AFQjCNHJRKExeuRwwdFmAKkJ6dH7qv_TeQ
>>
>> When I hover my mouse over it, the value instantly changes to
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_%28Adele_song%29
>>
>> This should be impossible with NoScript, nothing should be able to
>> modify the DOM. Google is not white-listed.
>>
>> What's going on?
>

> Could it be NoScript itself, or another extension, changing the link to
> avoid Google tracking?

No. It's Google's search re-direction. Been happening for a long time.
My memory is also that it is being done by css rather than by
javascript.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well:
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/2011/10/conspiracy-theories.html