Re: convert between ethernet and usb

On Sun, November 8, 2015 12:32 am, Stuart Longland wrote:
> On 07/11/15 23:59, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
>
>>> Or does IPCop2 just not include USB drivers ?
>>>
>> It does, and I have used them on my IPCop box for years; better burn
>> out an USBToRJ45 adapter than the motherboard when there is a storm
>> strike on the ISP coax.
>
> Hang on, this is a wireless hotspot.  What coax?

Stuart,

I think that Renaud simply is remarking in passing that the USB adapter
between his cable modem and his computer running IPCop has saved the
computer from damage.  It appears that his cable modem has a USB output,
rather than an Ethernet output.

But the principal message from Renaud is that IPCop can use a USB input
for the WAN.  That being the case, there should be a not-too-difficult way
to get IPCop to use the USB output of the AirCard 791L.

Russ