Re: convert between ethernet and usb

On Sat, November 7, 2015 4:26 am, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Doesn't your i386 machine have an available USB port ?
> Or does IPCop2 just not include USB drivers ?

It has a USB-2 port; and I suppose I can purchase a PCI card with a USB-3
port at the computer store.

In the IPCop manual, the only mention I see of USB is under [2.4 network
menu][2.4.1 dialup]:

>From the IPCop 2.0 manual:
INTERFACE. This will be either a Communications port (COM1-COM5,
ttyUSB0-4, noz0-1, ttyHS0-3, or usb/ttyACM0-3) used mostly for modems
and ISDN cards, or PPPoE which is used mostly for DSL connections.

>From the IPCop 1.4 manual:
INTERFACE. This will be either a Communications port (COM1-COM5,
ACM0-ACM3 or USB0-USB1) used mostly for modems and ISDN cards, or
PPPoE which is used mostly for DSL connections.