Re: Setting up Network for Xen

> > On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 10:30:04 PM UTC-6, Reco wrote:
> > >
> > > auto lo
> > > iface lo inet loopback
> > > allow-hotplug usb0
> > > iface usb0 inet manual
> > > auto xenbr0
> > > iface xenbr0 inet dhcp
> > > bridge_ports usb0
> > >
> > > Oh, and remove network-manager while you're at it. It can only
> > > complicate things, not simplify them.

Reco,

Thank you.  I am posting from the target machine.  Once I cleared up my typing errors, it came right up.  I removed NetworkManager.

While researching your descriptions, I found a new tool (for me).
#ls /sys/class/net
lo  usb0  wlan0  xenbr0

You mentioned that it is unconventional to to have the bridge get the IPv4 address from DHCP.  Is it more conventional for the usb0 to get the IPv4 address?  What are the consequences of the difference?

To change it, would that mean swapping DHCP and manual between xenbr0 and usb0 and swapping their sequence?