Re: Setting up Network for Xen

	Hi.

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 19:19:53 -0800 (PST)
ray <ray@aarden.us> wrote:

> I would like to get the network functioning again.  This is a laptop with jessie.  The laptop does not have a Ethernet port.  It is connected to a Dynadock USB 3.0.  Ifconfig shows the Ethernet port to be usb0.  This system has been working.  I updated it to configure the network for Xen.  Immediately after, I no longer had Internet access.  The Xen update resulted in the following configuration:
>
> /etc/network/interface
>
> # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
> # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
> source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*
> # The loopback network interface
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
> face usb0 inet manual
> auto xenbr0
> iface xenbr0 inet dhcp
> bridge_ports usb0

Your /etc/network/interfaces does not try to bring usb0 up, so not
working xenbr0 is to be expected. You need something like this instead:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
allow-hotplug usb0
iface usb0 inet manual
auto xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet dhcp
bridge_ports usb0

Oh, and remove network-manager while you're at it. It can only
complicate things, not simplify them.

Reco