Re: Memory usage in Debian Jessie (stable)

On 05/07/2015 09:52 PM, real bas wrote:
Sorry, is the System Monitor (app default in Debian Jessie), monitoring
CPU, memory and network history. Besides monitor the processes

Please don't top post.

System Monitor is showing total mem usage, applications and everything. Did you upgrade to Jessie or install fresh? If you just upgraded, sometimes the system will be doing a lot of collection and cleanup and eat some memory in the process, for a short time. Has it returned to normal yet? top will show you if an app is being a hog. What desktop are you using? KDE goes ape when nepomuk tries to catalog everything you have. I avoid it like a Mandrake Root. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html